NI Form v188.8.131.52 [WIN & MacOSX]
Extend sound creation beyond traditional synthesis, and transform samples into anything you can imagine. Intriguing and playful, FORM offers a refreshing approach to sound creation that delivers beautifully organic and powerful results.
- Load a sample – from your own collection or the included library.
- Once loaded, scan through your sample.
- In Muti mode, you can layer variations of a sound in Performance slots (see bottom right).
- Create complex movement patterns using multiple curves and shapes.
- Draw on a large number of curve presets.
- Make drastic sonic changes with just a few adjustments.
- Modulate everything easily. Plus modulation sidechaining!
- Effects add polish and depth – notice the two-band frequency shaper.
Start with a sample
Start creating something new – just drag and drop a sample into the FORM interface. Using a sample as the primary oscillator for the synth engine, FORM lets you craft complex new sounds rapidly. Scrub the sample to discover new worlds within its waveform, then select the section you want to manipulate.
Breathe life into samples and enhance the sense of realism by generating movement from even the most static starting points. Choose the direction and behavior of sample playback, and set playback rates according to sample length, frequency, or BPM. For in-depth manipulation, carve up and modify the amplitude curve, applying presets or using the Curve Editor to redraw segments.
Craft your sound through synthesis
Use the Sound section to sculpt your sound at its source. Control pitch and formants independently from playback speed. Use an additive oscillator to enhance harmonic content. Further sculpt the sound in the OSC FX section, where you can deform the wave, add frequency modulation (FM), and more.
Tap into a flexible, easy-to-use, and powerful modulation framework that encourages experimentation. Just click a parameter, select a modulation source, and assign. Comprehensive modulation controls allow both pinpoint control and playful experimentation.
Save multiple snapshots of sound parameters in Performance slots, which you can apply to any sample. Quickly explore variations on your sound when you load a new sample. Choose Multi mode to simultaneously play multiple snapshots across instrument voices, creating evolving, shifting sounds.
Transformative sample-tracking synthesizer
- Discover a powerful new form of expressive sound design
- Expand your sonic versatility – create anything from evolving soundscapes and textured pads to earth-shaking basses and searing digital noise
- Generate original results quickly and easily with an intuitive interface, or dig deep for detailed tweaking
Polish with effects
Enhance the color of your sound and add polish in the effects section. Use frequency shaping to slice your sound into two frequency bands and then control them independently. Warm up the sound with digital or analog saturation. Give it some punch with dynamics. Then place your unique creation in a 3D space with delay and reverb. Modulate any effects to create complex, shifting textures.
FORM has 400+ wide-ranging presets. They span sonic staples like bass, keys, leads, and pads, and avant garde SFX, soundscapes and sequences, showcasing FORM’s singular audio identity. Each is crafted to slot right into your productions, as the missing piece in the sonic puzzle or an inspirational track-starter, and most have triggerable variations, for expressive play.
Runs in the latest version of REAKTOR.